1. Types of Personal Information collected
This Privacy Statement explains our practices with regard to “Personal Information” collected by Tricor for its business purposes. Personal Information include any information that can be used (directly or indirectly) to identify, locate or contact you from that information alone or in combination with other information we process or can reasonably access. We may collect the following types of Personal Information:
- your personal identification information (which may include your name and passport information, your IP address, politically exposed person (PEP) status, personal data available in the public domain, details of your financial information, sources of wealth and your assets and such other information as may be necessary for Tricor to provide its services and to complete its client due diligence process and discharge its AML/CFT obligations)
- “Contact Information” that allows us to communicate with you, such as your name, username, mailing address, telephone numbers, email address or other addresses that allow us to send you messages.
- “Relationship Information” that helps us do business with you, such as the types of products and services that we provide to you or that may interest you, information on your company’s size, geographic locations, creditworthiness and demographics.
- “Transaction Information” about how you interact with Tricor, including purchases, inquiries, customer account information, and information about how you use the Tricor websites and applications.
- if you apply for a position with us we may collect information relating to your past employment, professional qualifications and education, your nationality and immigration/residential status, opinions from third parties about you (such as references) and other details about you which may be gathered during the recruitment process. We may also review publically available information about you on your social media accounts.
2. Methods of Collecting Personal Information
In the majority of cases, we collect Personal Information directly from you or from third parties. For example, we may collection your Personal Information from your authorised representatives and advisor(s), your employer, our corporate clients where we are providing services to them, our service providers of referees, in the case of prospective employees. We may ask you for Personal Information (including Contact Information and Relationship Information) when you interact with us, such as registering on our websites, signing up to receive a newsletter, or making a purchase. We may collect additional Relationship Information from third party search information suppliers who can help us better understand our customers.
We collect Transaction Information when you purchase services or products from Tricor. We also collect Transaction Information when you visit our website, use our applications or contact us, such as for customer service purposes.
3. Use of Personal Information
Tricor may use your Personal Information to:
- Fulfill your requests for services or products and for related activities, such as service and product delivery, customer service, account management, support and training and to provide other services related to your relationship with Tricor;
- Provide our corporate clients with services or products and for related activities, such service and product delivery, customer service, account management, support and training and to provide other services related to their relationship with Tricor;
- Provide you with marketing communications and offers for services and products from Tricor and in some cases, our partners, including offers targeted based on your interests, business characteristics and location, in each case, subject to your consent where required under applicable law;
- Comply with laws, regulations, and guidelines applicable to us and/or other members of the Tricor Group;
- Administer surveys, market research, and promotional events;
- Determine if you are eligible for certain products, services, or offers;
- Provide you with additional information that may be of interest, such as Tricor news and announcements and technical service bulletins;
- Manage our everyday business needs, such as payment processing and financial account management, product development, contract management, website administration, forum management, fulfillment, analytics, security and fraud prevention, corporate governance, reporting and legal compliance, business continuity and complaint, claim or litigation management; and
consider job applicants for employment.
We may not always rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your Personal Information although we will seek your consent before sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
4. If you Fail to Provide Personal Information
Where we need to collect Personal Information by applicable law or under the terms of an agreement we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the agreement we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In those circumstances, we may have to cancel a product or services you have with us.We will seek to notify you if this is the case at the relevant time.
5. How and why we share your information
We share Personal Information within Tricor’s international network. Tricor may include disclosuresor transfers to third party agents, suppliers or contractors, in connection with the processing of your Personal Information for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement. For example, we may disclose or transfer your Personal Information to third party agents who provide administrative, storage, information technology, security, communication, compliance, payment and other data processing services. Where necessary, Tricor will endeavor to take reasonable steps to ensure that data processing agreements are entered into with such third party agents, suppliers or contractors to ensure that they process your Personal Information, on our behalf, with the same level of security and confidentiality as applied by Tricor.
We may also provide your Personal Information to other parties to the extent required or provided by law, regulation or court order, for example if we are under a duty to disclose your Personal Information in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation such as our AML/CFT obligations or if we have agreed to assist with any tax or other regulatory filing requirements.
We may disclose your Personal Information for the purposes of seeking references and confirmation of the details which you have provided should you apply for a position with us.
Tricor may furthermore disclose or transfer Personal Information when we received your consent to do so or for one of the other purposes described in this Privacy Statement.